It tough to get around and sometimes it's impossible to do everything in a
gui without a mouse.  But you can press a windows key (a key with the ms
windows logo on most keyboards these days) and your start menu will open and
you can navigate to apps with the arrow keys.  I would probably open a
terminal and su to root and type mouseconfig, or you could type harddrake and
try get around in it with your arrow keys.
If you don't have a windows key, I imagine you could play around and some
combination will open the start menu.
-s