On Thursday 21 June 2001 09:49 am, Norman Teferle wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have seen some mails on RICOH CD writers in the newbie archive but
> none for this specific model: RICOH MP9120A-DP. Also, RICOH's
> websites do not seem to mention Linux anywhere. The LHD says that
> older models are compatible. Still, has anyone got any experience
> with this DVD-CD-Rom drive? I am not necessarily interested in
> getting DVD to work, I will need the cd writer mainly to backup data.
>
> Any comments are very appreciated,
> Norman

    My first CD-RW was a Ricoh. It died. Fortunately just within the
warranty. Mechanical drive failure. Still, it was a huge and expensive
fiasco. I'd never buy anything Ricoh. I believe if you research Ricoh
CD* anything, many have had the same experience and come to the same
conclusion as myself.
--
Tom Brinkman      [EMAIL PROTECTED]     Galveston Bay