Ed Kasky wrote:
> Is there a volume control anywhere in KDE desktop?  I hate
> to admit to being used to the slider in windoze....
>
> But...
>
> Ed
> ~~
> Ed Kasky
> Los Angeles, CA
> . . . . . . . .
> Improve the computing world.  Toss a Mac off a cliff.

Ed....with konqueror, navigate to your ~/.kde/Autostart/
directory and right-click on konqueror's background, Choose
'Create new' then choose 'Link to Application'. In the
execute tab under 'Command' put this:

kmix -caption "%c" %i %m

when finished click on the new icon and a cyan colored
speaker will appear in the area to the left of the KDE clock
display.  Close konqueror.  In the future that icon will show
up there all the time.  Click it when you need to adjust the
volume. :)
--
Alan