On Thursday 21 June 2001 12:53, you wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm running 8.0 and can't read my Creative CD-RW RW8433E drive at hdc. I
> looked through old messages, but couldn't find a solution. Here's my
> set-up:
>
>   hda - hard drive         hdc - CD-RW
>   hdb - <nothing>          hdd - DVD-ROM

Can you read it as /dev/cdrom? How about as /dev/scd0? I can't recall why but
I think you're not supposed to reference hdc except as
/dev/scd0-->/dev/cdrom/.

On my system ( I have a harddrive at hda and a cd-rw at hdc) there are no
symlinks from any of the hdN devices. Instead, my drive is /dev/scd0 which is
linked to /dev/cdrom.

Any particular reason why you need to reference hdc?

- Chris