On Friday 22 June 2001 01:36 am, Eduardo Dominguez wrote:
>    I am trying to install X4.10 from RPM. I get a dependency
> error for package "perl(strict)" which so far havent found
> anywhere. Searching for that on google returns nothing
> relevant.

  I used XFree86-4.1.0-1mdk cooker rpms on 8.0 with no problems.
There's been discusion of the perl(strict) problem you're having with
(IIRC) -3mdk and maybe still with -4mdk.  Check the cooker (developers)
mailing list archive and see if there's a resolution, or if you can use
--nodeps. Sorry, but I've only paid half attention to the discussion
because I didn't have the problem. I would suggest tho that if you want
to dabble with the latest and greatest like I do, lurking on the cooker
ML can be invaluable.

   FWIW, I also used cooker's kde*-2.2-0.alpha2.1mdk rpms with the only
problem being KDM broke and defaulted to text login. Upgrading kdebase*
to cookers -5mdk fixed that. (kdebase provides KDM)
--
Tom Brinkman      [EMAIL PROTECTED]     Galveston Bay