Are you using the GUI plugin for LICQ?  If you are, there are plenty of menus to do
just
about anything.  If you're using the console mode, if you type /help I believe it is,
it
will display a quick help menu for you.

The thing I love about LICQ, is you don't actually have to get the permission from the
user
to add them to your list.  Helps when you wipe out your list and now you have tons of
people to find again.

I suggest you back up the file $HOME/.licq/users.conf every now and again, just so you
have
it.  It has all the UINs for each user.  But then again nightly or weekly backups are a
good idea in the first place!
tdh

--
T. Holmes