Well, actually he thinks it might help.  Something about better filters since
he has the attacker's ip addys (and the hijacked machines they used), in
addition to a something similar to portsentry's methodology.  I don't
remember all the details, but it's on his site and in his ngs.  However, it
was a decision that came directly and indirectly (he's had problems with
win2kp for a long time) from the aftermath of the attack.  Last I heard, the
attackers were planning some mega-attack in the near future.  I guess we'll
see.
-s