On Thursday 21 June 2001 06:32 am, Franki wrote:

> Only thing is, I don't think it is making use of the ATA100 yet, it
> still seems to be using ATA33...
>
> Have to play with that unless someone has any suggestions...

   What does 'hdparm -i /dev/hd?' and 'hdparm -v /dev/hd?
say (as root)?  (replace hd? with the proper drive letter)

   FWIW, I'd wait a while to make sure everything else is OK before you
try and tune your HDD.  IIRC, there's issues with VIA chipsets, and
particularly some motherboards, and some HDD's. So you want to research
that first.  Then read 'info hdparm' and it'll explain how to set the
various options.  Once you've determined the best for your HDD/Mboard/
chipset, then you can add those lines to the end of /etc/rc.d/rc.local
EG, mine are  (ata/33 drives, CD drives on a oc'd BX board)
hdparm -m8 -c1 -d1 -k1 -A1 /dev/hda
hdparm -m8 -c1 -d1 -k1 -A1 /dev/hdb
hdparm -c1 -d1 -k1 /dev/hdc
hdparm -c1 -d1 -k1 /dev/hdd

You might also want to read thru the KT7 FAQ's (Google 'kt7 faq')
--
Tom Brinkman      [EMAIL PROTECTED]     Galveston Bay