On Monday 25 June 2001 16:12, Dan Ray wrote:
> Howdy--
>
> I'm a relative-newbie; certainly new to Mandrake's (excellent, IMO)
> distro.
>
> Here's a problem I'm having that I've never seen before; certain apps
> (in particular, ones that I know use GL or Mesa) completely freeze my
> machine. In a full-screen app (eg Tuxracer), I get a big black screen.
> In a windowed app, my X display stays up, but nothing responds. The
> mouse still moves, interestingly, but clicks don't register. Meanwhile,
> more mundane X stuff works great.
>
> It's an ATI Rage 128 AGP. Harddrake seems to be seeing it on the PCI
> bus, which strikes me as odd. I'm using the XFree86 4.0.3 that came
> with Mandrake 8, on a 1000mhz Athlon with 384 Mb of ram.

I just installed one of these myself (a rage fury pro) and it works
great. In fact, kudzu recognized it and configured it correctly when I
booted the machine after installing it. Windows took 3 reboots before it
was wqorking correctly.

Post your /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 here and lets take a look at it.
.

--
Alex
Kernel Panic is General Failure's second in command