Hello again,

I've been wondering now for a while what the best way to begin programming in
Linux is.  I have books and manuals about PERL, C++, and Java, and between
those and what I already know about them I could probably make a decent
program.  However, I would like to make something graphical.  How would be a
good way to start?  I don't want something that does everything for me, but I
also don't want to use anything that comes with a 500-page explanation.  GTK
or QT?  Are those good things to start with?  Are programs made that use any
WM and aren't dependent on Gnome or KDE libraries, and how difficult is that?

Dan
(Future Graphical Programmer)

I'm going to build a word processor that everybody likes...