Hi everybody,
I got the MandrakeFreq. 2001/06/19 a few days ago and I'm having some
problems.
I first  updated my desktop and everything went well. But I have no luck on
my Lifebook laptop.
During installation startup I get:

error in exec of stage 2 :-(
FATAL ERROR  IN STAGE 1: No such file or directory

Since it's an old 150MMx, I thought it may be  the CD drive doesn't get it
right. I tried with different  burned discs  and they all got me the same
error.
I then tried using my desktop as server and thru mount -o loop copying all
files from the isos to a directory and doing a network installation. I works
with the desktop (hd.img) but I get the same error as with the CDs on the
laptop (pcmcia.img) on a network install.
Does anyone know what am I doing wrong? Is there any way to find out what is
breaking the installation? BTW, the LM8.0 installation went smoothly...
The laptop specs:
Fujitsu Lifebook 656Tx, P150MMX, 48MBRAM.
Thank for any help,
Marcio Cordero

http://www.gmx.net

--
GMX Tipp:

Machen Sie Ihr Hobby zu Geld bei unserem Partner 1&1!
http://profiseller.de/info/index.php3?ac=OM.PS.PS003K00596T0409a