On Friday 29 June 2001 20:57, you wrote:
> I really love Konqueror, stable, fast enough,
> but how do I get the java to work?
>
> I can't seem to figure out where to tell it to find java,
> although I have /usr/bin/java on my system, it does
> not seem to want to load and run any java apps.
>
> Should I install another kind of Java somewhere on here?
I downloaded the IBM jre java but I think that that was not needed. Locate
java in the settings>configure konqueror>java>browse and then go to
/usr/bin/java/java . set that in the box for java location and see if your
java does not start working. If not
http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/1.2/download-linux.html  and down load the
linux java runtime environment to your /home/username directory and it will
always be there if you do a new install but don't format /home. Once it is in
that directory and you untar it you can then point konqueror to that file in
/home/username  (whatever username is yours) and it should then run like a
champ. Let me know if you have any problems understanding my lousy writing,
and if any of the above works for you.
--
Dennis M. registered Linux user #180842