Assuming you are running NT as a guest OS within a GNU/Linux host, it should
be safe to access all the Windows partitions in read/write mode. As a
precaution, I would access the GNU/Linux partitions in read-only
mode, but it shouldn't be any problem if you use read/write mode for them as
well (since Windows can't see non-Windows partitions).

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan.
                -- Jeremy S. Anderson