I was trying to install MDK 8.0 in a machine with SIS card 6215. While
installing it starts in graphics. I saw in console one as 16 bpp, driver
as cfb16, no acceleration and FBDev used. But after installation GUI
doesn't  work. First I get hanging with Super check serial port. I have
also observed one more funny thing while install. Though I have 3 button
ord mouse, it shows buttons 5 and zaxismapping in tty1. I saw X as 3.3.6
using X -version after installation. But xf86config leads to a file that
is
compatible with X 4. It didn't give option of selecting X while
installing. How to go about mdk
8.0 and sis

--
L.V.Gandhi
203, Soundaryalahari Apartments, Lawsons Bay colony, Visakhapatnam, 530017