From: Alfonso Alba Garcia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2001 9:31 AM
Subject: [newbie] swat: connection to host locahost broken

> Hi all,
>
> I using Mandrake 8.0. I have just updated from samba 2.0.9 to samba
> 2.0.10 using MandrakeUpdate. After updating, I could no longer use swat.
> I get the following error messages
>
> Konqueror: "connection to host localhost broken"
> Netscape: "document contain no data"
> lynx: "Alert! unexpected network read error; connection aborted "
>
> I have checked the file /etc/xinet.d/swat and everything looks right:
> service swat
> {
>         disable = no
>         port    = 901
>         socket_type     = stream
>         wait    = no
>         only_from = localhost
>         user    = root
>         server  = /usr/sbin/swat
>         log_on_failure  += USERID
> }
>
> I have checked as well that swat is up by chkconfig --list. I got "swat:
> on". Any idea of what is going on? Before the update, everything was
> working properly.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Please note that the content of this message is confidential between the original
sender and the intended recipient(s) of the message. If you are not an intended
recipient and/or have received this message in error, kindly disregard the content of
the message and return it to the original sender.

If you have any complaints about this message please reply to:
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The Purbeck School E-Mail server running:
       users.purbeck.dorset.sch.uk