I have a Compaq Presario 5834, which unfortunately has an integrated
soundcard on the mobo (an ES1969 Solo-1 Audiodrive, which apparently
uses the snd-card-es1938 module). A couple months ago, about the time
8.0 came out, I bought a Soundblaster Live Platinum 5.1. I never
actually tried to get it going in 8.0, as I had no luck getting 8.0
online. So, I've finally reloaded 7.2 (interesting story so far, no?),
and I have no sound. I do have sound in Windows 98 SE (I'm dual
booting), but I just disabled the Solo-1 card in the hardware profile.

Can anyone tell me how to get the Soundblaster working in 7.2? I've
noticed the module for the integrated card is loaded; would I just have
to get rid of that module, and replace it with the module for the
SoundBlaster? Or do I have to disable the integrated card on the board?
I don't see any jumpers on the board for doing so...and I looked through
the BIOS, and didn't see anything there about disabling the soundcard.

Compaq tech support was pretty helpful in getting it working in Windows,
but not suprisingly, they've been resistant to helping with the Linux
problem.

Thanks!