Well is it actually installed?  Have you checked looking in HardDrake?  Does it show
the
card there?

Better yet, try these things:

[timh@r2d2 timh]$ cat /etc/modules.conf | grep eth0
alias eth0 3c59x
[timh@r2d2 timh]$ cat /proc/interrupts | grep eth0
  3:    1161676          XT-PIC  usb-uhci, usb-uhci, eth0
[timh@r2d2 timh]$ cat /etc/resolv.conf
nameserver 24.131.1.9
nameserver 24.131.1.8
search mw.mediaone.net
[timh@r2d2 timh]$ su -
Password:
[root@r2d2 /root] /etc/init.d/network status
Configured devices:
lo eth0
Devices that are down:

Devices with modified configuration:

If the card shows up in /etc/modules.conf, and /proc/interrupts, the machine knows it's
there for the most part, and from there all you have to do is make sure it's
configured.
Which you can do through HardDrake.

At which point, if it's configured you need to edit your /etc/resolv.conf to make sure
the
machine knows where to look when it needs a DNS server.  After you've configured the
card
so the machine knows to use it, and has enabled it, open up DrakConf and give it the
settings it needs.  Tell it what it's gateway is and the like, and exit out of that.
From
there it says it restarts the network, but I don't trust it, I always go and restart it
myself.

[root@yoda /root]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/network restart
Shutting down interface ppp0:                              [  OK  ]
Setting network parameters:                                [  OK  ]
Bringing up interface lo:                                  [  OK  ]
Bringing up interface eth0:                                [  OK  ]

Once it says everything is okay, run ifconfig eth0 and make sure you have an IP
address.
>From there you should be all set!

Hope that helps.  Just sounds a bit like it's not installed is all.
tdh

--
T. Holmes

Uptime:
 5:56AM  up 1 day,  9:03, 6 users, load averages: 0.09, 0.04, 0.00