Personally, I'm confused as to what exactly you want here.

Now if you're on another Linux box, while running Xwindows, and you
want to open nedit or an xterm over the network from another machine on
your desktop, that is pretty simple.  Edit your /etc/ssh/sshd_config
and /etc/ssh/ssh_config files as root to enabled X11 forwarding and
make sure the machine will accept those sorts of connection from that
machine or from any machine.

Now if yo're in Xwindows, and you want to open up a connection like
pcANYWHERE for Windows does, then you want VNC.  The server and the
client are botn on the Mandrake 8.0 CDs, or you can download them.
(Check Freshmeat, I'm too lazy to find the URL right no! :0)

But if you want to start a machine with no HDD, and just a command
prompt via the network, and then start Xwindows all together, you're
looking for Linux Terminal Server.  You can find information on that at
www.ltsp.org/.

I think I've covered all the bases there.  If those don't quite answer
your question, then let us know with some more information.
tdh

--
T. Holmes
-----------------

Uptime:
11:53AM  up 2 days, 14:59, 2 users, load averages: 0.02, 0.02, 0.00
                        Your Fortune
You're never too old to become younger.
                -- Mae West

| How do I log on to a Remote computer through the internet and pull up a
| Xwindows session for it.  I thought that this was possible...
|
| Thanks,
| Kevin

T. Holmes
UNIXTECHS.org