I am new to mandrake, but have used redhat before.  Now, I have my
home computer set up with a dual boot mandrake/Windows ME.  I like
mandrake, but a problem comes up when using the ppp.

I have my modem set up and it works great when I use the linuxconf to
bring up the configurator screen.  I can connect through here and
surf the web in half the time I can using windows.  However, when I
try to hook up using one of the interfaces, either KPPP or the gnome
one, it connects supposedly fine, but I cannot go anywhere on  the
web.  All three devices are pointing at dev/modem.  I tried to set it
up pointing directly to the device at ttsy1(or whatever) but with the
same results, as I expected.  Any ideas?

Ignorance is underrated