On Monday 09 July 2001 23:12, you wrote:
> Is there a way to get Konqueror to run Java applets, like chat
> applets?
>
> Thanks
 Assuming you have been to www.konqueror.org and followed the instructions
for installing a JDK or JRE of your choice you will likely also have to
download the JSSE from Sun (linked form Konqueror.org). Copy  jcert.jar,
jnet.jar, and jsse.jar files into /usr/share/apps/kjava to enable scripting
support for applets system wide or copy the files into
/home/username/.kde/share/apps/kjava. The kjava dir. may not be in your
.kde/apps and you will have to create it, this will enable support for that
user account. This *should* all work. I get limited Java support but cannot
open things like a yahoo chat applet or any of the java tools at
dslreports.com. Seems like many things that others can get working I cannot.
I have the perfect hardware setup to get 1/2 functionallity out of Linux. I
have tried everything and even corresponded with one of the KDE developers
and No-Go.

Good luck,
John