I have two operating systems Linux Mandrake 8.0 and Windows ME and i have read the
how-tos and i have not found this error message anywhere and it isnt the first time it
has happened. The first time it happened i ended up reformatting my hard drive ended
up getting a new computer. If anybody has had this happen to them could i get a shout
out on how to get LM running again.

Windows Me works fine and it has the first partition on my hard drive and i used the
wizard in the linux mandrake setup to auto allocate the linux partition.
When I tried to reinstall linux it read no partitions on the hard drive and told me to
continue at your own risk.

And whenever i try to start linux up i get

Kernel Panic:VFS:Unable to mount root fs on 03:05

any help