For the most part, any SoundBlaster card will work, and not cause many
problems.  I think SoundBlaster 16 PCI is still the most common and
most stable.  However I'm running a SoundBlaster 128 in my machine, and
I've heard the 512 does the job as well.

Check out the Mandrake's supported hardware list.  They give a decently
detailed list on the web page.
tdh

--
T. Holmes
-----------------

Uptime:
 9:01AM  up 1 day, 21:22, 5 users, load averages: 0.03, 0.01, 0.00
| Hi again,
|
| I need some info about what sound card to use with Mandrake Linux. I imagine
| that it should be Soundblaster compatible, but other than that, I haven't
| got a clue as to what I could use. Any ideas?
|
| Cheers,
|
| Brian
| --

                        Your Fortune
Committee Rules:
        (1) Never arrive on time, or you will be stamped a beginner.
        (2) Don't say anything until the meeting is half over; this
            stamps you as being wise.
        (3) Be as vague as possible; this prevents irritating the
            others.
        (4) When in doubt, suggest that a subcommittee be appointed.
        (5) Be the first to move for adjournment; this will make you
            popular -- it's what everyone is waiting for.