I'm thinking that they've got the Reiser FS working just fine.  I installed
Mandrake8.0 on my laptop as a single partition / and it's RFS - I've let my
batter die and I've forced an improper reboot and it's never failed me.

I also installed my home desktop with 5 partitions:  /boot, /, /var, /tmp, and
/home - all Reiser and it's never failed me even though I abuse it as well.

As far as incompatibilities, if Linux supports the format then it will work.  It
doesn't matter if you are mixing formats - linux will load the proper driver for
the proper file system.  Windows cannot natively read Reiser, ext2, or even nfs
for that matter.