> David,
>
> Are you sure the Neomagic 256AV is a *sound* card? The same card in my
> ThinkPad is for *video*, and my sound card is an ESS Solo
> something-or-other.
>
> Dave

I owned a acer laptop. it has a neomagic video card, and ess sound card.
the mandrake can detect the sound card, but no sound coming out from the
speaker. the msg says that there is no sound card to be found, strange!
anyone ever encounter this. im using mandrake 8, before this i used
mandrake 7.2 and my sound card work well. but since i upgraded my comp to
mandrake 8.0, my comp in mute mode now. :(

ok thanks.
willy