Jim,

To change the Refresh Rate...

Edit the following file:
/etc/X11/XF86Config

Look for the Monitor Section: (example below)
Change the values for VertRefresh and HorizSync
Save the file
Log Out and press [Restart X] button

EXAMPLE:

# **********************************************************************
# Monitor section
# **********************************************************************

# Any number of monitor sections may be present

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier "Princeton Graphic Systems|Princeton APP520"
    VendorName "Princeton Graphic Systems"
    ModelName  "Unknown"

# HorizSync is in kHz unless units are specified.
# HorizSync may be a comma separated list of discrete values, or a
# comma separated list of ranges of values.
# NOTE: THE VALUES HERE ARE EXAMPLES ONLY.  REFER TO YOUR MONITOR'S
# USER MANUAL FOR THE CORRECT NUMBERS.
    HorizSync  60.0

# VertRefresh is in Hz unless units are specified.
# VertRefresh may be a comma separated list of discrete values, or a
# comma separated list of ranges of values.
# NOTE: THE VALUES HERE ARE EXAMPLES ONLY.  REFER TO YOUR MONITOR'S
# USER MANUAL FOR THE CORRECT NUMBERS.
    VertRefresh 56.0-76.0

-Sevatio

On 7/18/01, 1:15:24 PM, Jim Lynch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote regarding
[newbie] How do I change the refresh rate of my monitor?: