Hello all,

I'm new to this list. I installed Mandrake 8 on a 2nd drive on my
P166 machine a few days ago, and am going through it slowly. The
installation went through with hardly any problems, except for these:

1.  The boot (floppy) disk can't be accessed, either as root or user.

2.  Is there a way to auto-mount a digital camera on the USB port --
well, the Smartmedia card, really; it behaves like a removable disk?

3.  The modem seems to be connected only at 9600.  Is there some way
to get the connection at the normal 33.6K?  (It does OK in Windows.)

All advice appreciated.  Many thanks.