Civileme and Paul,

Many, many thanks to you for your replies on my post yesterday.
Thankfully I do not have the Southbridge686B problem chip and my BIOS settings were
also not the reason for my crashes.

Yes, my Etherexpress pro 100 is built into the motherboard (Intel D850GB). I was able
to disable it in the bios and install a PCI Ethernet card. And guess what - the box is
still running. So far I was not able to crash the PC with my previous tests.

Due to the fact that I also had the problems with a ATI Mach 64 3D Rage II which sits
in a PCI slots, I do not know if it is a AGP related problem. However, from the lspci
output one can see that both use IRQ11 and therefore it is probably an interrupt
related problem.

My question now is: Can I configure (in the BIOS maybe) my AGP video and my onboard
network card to use different interrupts in order to happily live together or do I
have to stick with my extra PCI network card? If I have to get another card would not
be the end of the world.

Anyway, many thanks again to Civileme and Paul.

Norman :-)