Dear all,

Thanks one and all who helped me solve my dual boot (NT/Linux) problems.
NT sucks and had to use the start sectors of my HD - the WinDOS
partition I had created (during Linux install) was at the end...
therefore, I had to blow the whole lot and start again!!! What a
nightmare I had trying to get it up and running - it has taken me (&
others) almost 2 days to configure and set up NT! I installed and
configured LM 8.0 this morning in approx. 2 hours flat! WOW - wasn't
quite expecting that, in fact, quite the opposite! Hasn't 'our' OS come
along way? The install is so much more user-friendly compared to NT - it
was a breaze. I even took coffee during package install :)

Another topic that has sprung to mind (which stems from "Linux in public
(state) schools") is the use of Linux for government services/offices. I
was speaking to someone the other day who works for our NHS (which is in
tatters and could do with as much £'s as possible). Their 'industry
standard' is M$ and often workers are sent on M$ courses for them to
learn how to use M$ products (WinDOS, Office, etc.). Surely the use of
M$ products amounts to great expense to the tax payer!?! An obvious way
to be kinder on the tax payers pocket - or (which is surely prefered) to
put that money back into services is to use a better/cheaper alternative
- Linux!

I would imagine this is the case for many other UK (Euro/US) government
services/offices. They could save £'s...

Just a thought.

Thanks,

Andy