----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2001 6:29 AM
Subject: [newbie] Old Kernel- Safe to delete?

> I recently compiled my own kernel.  It seems to be working pretty well,
I've
> been using it for a week or so now... so is it safe to delete the old one?
> would think so, but just want to be safe.  Takes up space on the boot
> menu....  Also, what is the "linux non-fb" and "failsafe"?  Safe to remove
> those too?
>
> Dan

Hi!
'linux non-fb' is the same as 'linux' but without framebuffer. The
difference is that with 'linux' you have console in graphic mode, graphic
bootup (aurora), and you can have high resolution console, but in
framebuffer mode there is only 60Hz refresh. So I use 'linux non-fb', I have
text mode bootup and console 80x25 and higher refresh rate in console ( 70
Hz I think).
I did't use 'failsafe'.
Mikolaj