On July 20, 2001 12:04 am, Juan Carlos Conde wrote:
> Hello All.
>
> I had a dual boot with Win98 and LM8.0.
> Today I delete Win98 and I install Win98SE.
> After that I can not choose to boot Linux now.
> How can I restore the Boot Manager (I belive LILO is its name).

If you don't have boot disk, as many, please do like this.
Get hold of explore2fs.exe from net. Install it in windows partition. Run it.
It will show you  the linux partition. From there export vmlinuz to windows
c: drive. See what is the root partition for linux if you don't remember.
Copy loadlin.exe to c:
Now boot in DOS mode not DOS window.
use the command
loadlin vmlinuz root=/dev/hdax where x is the correct root partition number
ie 1, 2, 3, etc.
Now you can go to linux. As root in console type
/sbin/lilo -v.
Now your lilo is back.

--
L.V.Gandhi
203, Soundaryalahari Apartments, Lawsons Bay colony, Visakhapatnam, 530017