Hello all,
    I need some help with logging on from win98.
    I had every thing working fine, until I reinstalled.
    Now, when I try to logon from the win box I get a message that the
    password was not accepted.
    I have read every thing I can find, but am not making any
    progress.
    The only hints  I have are that:
   a. the smbpasswd file entry for the username has the 2 lots of 32 x's
    my understanding was that this should change when a password is
    assigned.
   b. when I try smbclient \\\\hostname\\temp
  I get anonymous login successful
  Domain [curriculum]
  and the tree connect failed.................
  Any suggestions would be very welcome, as this is driving me crazy.

Colin Jenkins
ICQ: 650611  Voice: +61 97351410 Mob: 0409196144
Reality is nothing but a collective hunch.-- Lily Tomlin