Sridhar Dhanapalan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Yep. IMHO, it's the only way to fly :-)

>Since version 1.0.x, GNOME has been as solid as a rock for me. I found KDE

>2.0 to be simply unusable, but from 2.1 things got really good. I love GNOME

>for its ultra-configurable Panel and its equally versatile Sawfish WM. At the

>same time, I love KDE for Konqueror (both as a browser and as a file manager)

>and Kmail.

>At the moment I have Mandrake 8.0 with both GNOME 1.4 and KDE 2.2b1

>installed. KDE has never been quite as stable as GNOME for me (YMMV), and

>running KDE apps like Konqueror and Kmail in GNOME provides me with the

>ultimate in flexibility. If a KDE-related process goes rogue (as it does on

>occasion; it is a beta after all), I can simply kill all of KDE ("killall

>kdeinit") and load it back up again. GNOME stays up, totally unharmed.

==========================
Good Point!  And if one wishes to run neither of these heavy weights, both has them
both on the system, one can use either of their apps (and BOTH have MANY
good ones) in a much smaller, light weight, faster environment such as Blackbox
or Windowmaker.
Mike

--
"Many loads of beer were brought. What disorder, whoring, fighting, killing, and
dreadful idolatry took place there."

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience the
convenience of buying online with Shop@Netscape! http://shopnow.netscape.com/