Hi
I got home from work today and turned my computer on, and was confronted by
the error message
"could not open default font path unix/:1
Fatal server error:
could not open default font fixed"
and X would not start.  I have been told that one way to fix this problem,
at least temporarily, is to comment out the "FontPath unix/:-1" line in
/etc/X11/Xf86Config.  However I have not been able to access the file from
the command line.  Pico is not not installed.  I think I have opened vim
from the command line but have no idea how to use it. Is there anothe editor
I could use that doesn't run on X that is likely to be installed on my
system?
Does anyone know of any other solutions?  Is this something that could be
fixed from the failsafe option from Lilo?  I have never used that either.
Thanks,
SW