Try checking your printer settings using kups, qtcups or at
https://localhost:631/ (strangely, I've only managed to get this URL working
in Opera). I once had a problem where my printer stopped working all of a
sudden. I checked my CUPS settings and found that it had been put offline.

I vaguely remember a bug (I think it was in CUPS) where printer settings
would be forgotten after a reboot. I think it was mentioned in one of Till's
articles on MandrakeForum
(http://mandrakeforum.com/search.php?query=Till&type=stories&section=&topic=&author=Till&days=0&sort=ts.time).

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan.