Hello , just wondering where your version of 8.0 came from? Is it from the
cover of a Linux Magazine? If so , the disk is corrupt , sorry. Regards
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
----- Original Message -----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2001 4:12 AM
Subject: [newbie] 1Ghz + 256 MB = Not Linux-Mandrake 8.0

I just built a new system, a AMD 1Ghz with 256 MB of RAM and I went to
install LM 8.0 on it, and it freaked out. The error is as follows:

[***********************************************]
install exited abnormally :-( -- recieved signal 11
sendind termination signals . . . done

and then it reboots.

I dont know what the problem is, I tried expert mode, and every other one
and
I couln't get it to work, could someone please tell me whats going on.

Once it said something about not being able to load the second stage ram
disk.

Thanks in advance!

~Lance