On Wed, 25 Jul 2001 14:55:38 -0500
john <YochanonATyahooDOTTEcom> wrote:

> On Wednesday 25 July 2001 01:40 pm, arro wrote:
> > i posted this before but got no replies ,
> >
> > i have a Creative Soundblaster Live 1024 in my LM8 box , i did not install
> > any drivers for it at all , now installed those "alsa" drivers , but i
> > still do not have any sound if someone got any advice i welcome it !
>
>   I haven't followed this thread, so I'm not sure if anyone suggested it,
> but...if you use KDE, click the 'K', then 'multimedia', then 'sound', then
> 'sound mixer'. Raise the volumes on some of those sliders, it may need that.
>
>   If that doesn't work or wasn't the problem, do a search on Yahoo (or Google
> or whatever you want) for your particular sound card and add 'for linux' with
> it. IIRC, there was a small tarball out there for the 10k(something) for
> linux and kernel 2.1.19 (at least I had to look for it when I used Peanut
> Linux). I'm sorry I can't be more help friend.
>

>   John

well i fixed it now ... from all imaginable problems it has been(as usually) the most
weird one ...as all driver or whatsoever have been installed i was goin again into
HArddrake having a look at the setting -running the config tool , and as the selected
option was right i never pressed ok again there...so this time i did and WOW here
comes the sound...GREAT but the funny thing is , each time i reboot i have to do this
again , to let's say reinitialize my sound...but well at least there is sound now ,
that's what counts !

But thanks to all the help of you people !