Hi:

I am frequently reinstalling Lm8 for various reasons,
but I have noticed that on 2 occasions my system
"hangs" while "halting" the portmap services on every
shutdown. On both of these occasions I chose to use
Kmail as opposed to Netscape mail.

In short, my question is this...could someone give me
a base understanding of portmap services and whether
it is reasonable for me to blame kmail for these
portmap shutdown errors? Is there a portmap or
shutdown log somewhere that might also assit me in
fixing/avoiding this problem?

Thanks in advance.

=====
Jennifer