Anybody else noticed this? Do something to cause the system to beep at you (like
trying to tab-complete an impossible string of characters) then use mpg123 or
something. The sound device /dev/dsp is busy for sometimes 60 seconds or so after the
last beep.

What's the deal? Do I have something misconfigured?

Also, I'd dearly love to be able to have the system beep AND play an mp3 at the same
time. It's possible under Windows. Is the whole /dev concept just too "fileish" to
allow multiple sources for sound to get to the audio device?

--Dan