Don,

It would help to know which version of Mandrake you are using.  If it's
8.0, you should be fine.  If it is 7.2, you can't install the cooker rpms
since they are built for 8.0 not 7.2.  There are now several ongoing
threads on the expert list to try to get cooker rpms / srpms that work with
7.2--we're currently in the b's.

Michael

--
Michael Viron