On Tuesday 24 July 2001 18:43, Franki wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a box running great with mdk 7.2 2.2.19-4mdksecure.. and I want to
> add Amavis antivirus support to it for all mail, incoming, outgoing and
> relaying...
>
> now of the methods available (according to amavis's postfix
> documentation...) the easiest and most efficient way of doing this is to
> upgade to the newer version, as it allows external programs to inspect
> content...
>
> it requires at least:
>
> Postfix snapshot 20000529
>
> according to rpm -q,, I am currently using postfix-19991231_pl08-5mdk
>
> which from the look of it is not new enough to allow this...
>
> I looked on rpmfind.net and found these:
>  postfix-20010228-6mdk.i586.rpm
>  postfix-20010228-6mdk.src.rpm
>
> I went though alot of hassle trying to upgrade sendmail in the past and
> actually broke two installs due to it.. (caused alot of hassles the worst
> of which was causing pppd to die continiously... so I reloaded and switched
> to postfix)
>
> so I am wonding if I am going to break my 7.2 install by trying either of
> these two rpms???
>
> if I download the src rpm and rebuild it, would that be better for what I
> want and cause less hassles?
>
> I have a 900mhz AMD system.
>
> kindest regards
>

> Frank

Actually, you cannot install the binary at all.  It requires RPM4 and a
different glibc than you have.

You might try to download the source, become root and install the
source with rpm -ivh, then rpm --rebuild (source file name).  If that works,
you should have a working postfix; if not, you have broken nothing.

Civileme