Hi folks,
My OWN experiences are going to be worth a book they way they are
going! :-)

But somebody just off-list mailed me with a "problem" installing
IBM's Websphere Page Builder.  Everything SEEMED ok on the install
but then it didn't work.  Actually he got further than me - he was
using a C-line to start it.
SOLUTION:   It is just so slow to startup that it SEEMS like a
hangup.  Just wait around for the splash screen, and wait and wait...

My first contribution!  :-)

Would you please send in your "gotchas" no matter how simple.  I am
collecting things off the list constantly, but you can feel free to
send them directly to me as subject line "ONE FOR THE BOOK" if you
are too embarrassed - we'll make them anonymous!  :-)

I now see that it needs to be also NEW newby aware as well as Windoze
User aware.

The only sane way to do it I can see, is going to be as a free-form
database with a glossary in front - one for Dozers like me and one
for NEW Newbies.  Then fill it up!

Happy story:
I mentioned my switch to Linux to a neighbour who's visiting mother
piped in to the conversation:  "That's what I have in Sydney."
Turned out her friends grandson installed Redhat and StarOffice
etc...  on a pc he made up for her.  THEN she said she tried to
use her son's one up here, "but it is just too complicated."
Guess what he runs???  She couldn't even remember the name.

--
Cheers,

John
http://counter.li.org GO HERE IF YOU SUPPORT LINUX!

Fablor is now Webhosting?? What on earth for??
Info here: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
(it's only an Autoresponder)  :-)