when shutting down, not rebooting, I am getting an odd segmentation fault.  I
don't get it on warm reboot since the problem occurs after the path diverges
for reboot vs shut down.  I have to power off to get out of it.

message sequence in log is:

halting system
stopping all md devices
power down
general protection fault: f000
CPU:0
EIP:0050:[<0000872b>]
EFLAGS:00010047

bunch of registers elided here

Process Halt (PID:1319 Stackpage: c5add000)

stack dump elided here

CALL TRACE

CODE: BAD EIP VALUE
/etc/rc0.d/s01halt: line 1: 1319 segmentation fault halt -i -d -p

tia
--
"Gentlemen, it's in beta.  That means it's like Windows.  They're letting you
test it while they continue to screw it up until it's totally useless."