I suspect that this "bad superblock" error is a deliberate attempt at copy
protection by manufacturers. I doubt that mkisofs would be able to circumvent
this. After all, it was not designed to infringe copyright. There _are_
methods to circumvent this copyright, but I don't know them. I'm sure there
is a solution out there for you on the web, but please note that this may be
illegal (even if the copy is for yourself).

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan.
                -- Jeremy S. Anderson