On Saturday 04 August 2001 14:07, ptz wrote:
> I am using a SB live! soundcard with a 6 button gamepad attached to the
> gamepad port. Harddrake will not detect it. I looked at the kernel howto
> and hardware compatibility howto. The hardware compatibility howto said
> the gamepad should be compatible. Please help.
>
> THANK YOU

Add something like this to /etc/modules.conf and reboot:
        # Joystick
        alias char-major-13             joydev ns558 analog
Replace "analog" with the module for your gameport joystick.  Read
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/joystick for more information.  The line
above is only appropriate for 2.4.x kernels.  Earlier kernels use
char-major-15.
--
                         Peter Ruskin, Wrexham, Wales.
        Registered Linux User No. 219434 ( see http://counter.li.org/ ).