On Tue, 7 Aug 2001 11:43, Michael Leone wrote:
> From:         Sridhar Dhanapalan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> >Linux has had IPv6 support for quite some time, and I beleive that
> >Win2K has it as well (because they stole the TCP/IP stack from
> > FreeBSD).
>
> They did NOT steal it. The license ALLOWED them to use it. It was
> perfectly legal, if a bit hypocritical.

It depends on how you define "steal". Of course, the BSD license allows
others to use the code in almost any way they wish (provided they meet a few
simple requirements). I used the word "steal" because Microsoft took the code
and made proprietary closed source version, without giving any code back. I
personally don't like this, and believe it is unethical (but of course,
companies do it all the time). This is the reason why I prefer the GPL and
LGPL.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan.
                -- Jeremy S. Anderson