gidday,
        i followed some of the advice that you guys gave, installed some more
stuff (specs, and patch rpms)
and so when i go to do rpm --rebuild (or --recompile; either give me
this) i810tt-etc.src.rpm  i get a page or
so of output, and then the last few lines look like this.

KERNEL_VERSION=2.4.3-20mdk
KERNEL_VERSION_MAJOR=2.4
Something wrong with detection of KERNEL_VERSION?
Please check Makefile and report bug
KERNEL_VERSION_MAJOR=2.4
agpgart.o not yet available for non-2.2 kernels exit -1
Expect kernel source at location /usr/src/linux
Sym.link /usr/src/linux -> where you have your sources
make: *** [sanity] Error 255

obviously, my linux sources aren't in /usr/src/linux...in fact the dir
does not even exist.
so yeah, i know my header files (the next thing it looks for) are in
/usr/include/
but i'm not sure about the normal source files.
any help would be wikid, wikid.
thanking ya muchly,
                        Ant