hey folx.  I installed linux mandrake 8.0 a little over a week ago, and just
not got it working perfectly (for me).  It took a while to figure out all the
stuff I wanted, and didn't want, then to make it all look nice.  Couldn't
decide between RH7.1 or LM 8.0.

Anyway, I asked my friend how to enable IP Masquerading, and the command he
gave me was an ipchains command.  However, ipchains doesn't seem to work w/
LM8.0, and I'm pretty sure I need to use a similar command w/ iptables.

I currently have this soon to be server running on a cable modem line, and
need to route ips to up to 3 more computers.

All computers will be windoze except 1 (not including this server).
>From what i've gathered, sharing an internet connection is supposedly easy,
and a standard thing to do, because it uses TCP/IP.  For now, I don't need to
use samba because I don't care if the Linux computers can access the network
neighborhood that M$ uses.  I just need to share the internet connection.

The Linux box i'm using has 2 NICs in it.  (One connected to the cable
modem[eth0], and one to the LAN[eth1])  The one connected to the cable modem
is using a DHCP connection, and the one for the LAN, eth1, was assigned a
static IP of 192.168.1.1.  The windoze computer is set to get an IP
automaticly, the gateway is set to 192.168.1.1.  Eth1 on the linux box goes
into the uplink port on the HUB, the windoze computer is connected to port1.

Right now, i'm pretty sure that the linux box just doesn't have IP
routing/masqing enabled.  Is there a DHCP client I need to install ( think i
have one on here)? After it's installed, how do I set it up to run?

Any help would be appreciated.

-Matt