On Tue, 7 Aug 2001 18:25:30 -0400
Paul <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> My realplayer (basic v.8) keeps loading with the volume all the way down.
> In itself I can move that up to something audible when I load realplay,
> but the plugin for netscape and mozilla don't have a volume control.
> What do I have to do to make the setting stick?
> The file ~/.RealNetworks_RealMediaSDK_60 says that the volume is set to
> 97, but on load there's no sound until I move the slider up.
>
> Is this a bug in version 8?

Paul.

Have you run the mixer controls for your desktop??

I had to run Aumix (KDE) to get sensible sound levels on my system. The
settings seem to be recorded in /etc/aumixrc globally and ~/user/.aumixrc
locally.

Cheers

John

--
"The number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected"
       (The UNIX Programmer's Manual, 2nd Edition, June 1972.)