On Sunday 12 August 2001 02:09 pm, you wrote:
> I'm back to trying to make my joystick work. I made
> the proper entries in /etc/modules.conf but jstest
> won't detect the joystick. I tried loading the modules
> manually and when I did "modprobe adi.c" (for the
> logitech module) I received "Can't locate module
> adi.c" The adi.c module is located at
> /usr/src/linux-2.4.3/drivers/char/joystick/adi.c, and
> /lib/modules/2.4.3-20mdk/kernel/drivers/char/joystick/adi.o.gz.
> What needs to be done?
> Thanks.
>
> TC

Well, joysticks can still be a pain.  However when modprobing, depmoding or
insmoding one only uses the main name of the module without any suffix, such
as:   depmod adi

I have the logitect wingman extreme digital that uses that module.  It once
worked off the sb live gameport, but a few weeks ago I installed a new hdd
and then 8.0.  It wouldn't work off the gameport then (admittedly I gave up
pretty quick).  ???  Anyway, mine has a usb adapter and it works fine off
that.  If you are trying to use sblive gameport with no success and have a
usb adapter, try using that.  Otherwise, just keep fiddling with it.  Good
luck.

I used:  alias char-major-13 joydev ns558 adi   in my modules.conf when it
did work off the gameport.

-s