h3rb wrote:

> No..it's not that I can't hear it.  When I put the cd in the drive.  It 1.)
> will not auto-mount it. 2.) if I try to mount it myself it tell's me that the
> media is invalid.  And this happens with ANY audio cd.  If I put in a factory
> audio cd..it gives the same results.  It's that mandrake will not see the cd
> at all.

Well, audio CD's have no filesystem on them so you can't mount them.
Most CD player software works like this: commands are send to the drive
to start playing a particular song. The CD starts spinning and an
internal
digital/analog converter sends an analog signal to the audio out
connector,
which should be connected to the CD in of your soundcard.

On my CD-ROM I can plug in a headphone and use the play/next button to
listen to an audio CD, all the computer does is provide power!

    -Frans

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com